Monday 4 February 2008

If Jesus (as) is the Son of God and simultaneously God...

If Jesus (as) is the Son of God and simultaneously God, why would he say, "Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani?" that is "My God, My God, why have You forsaken me?" Mark 15"34, Matthew 27:46? Not that I believe Jesus (as) said that, but the point is that in the Bible he is referring to another being as "his God" and how can God forsake (renounce or turn away from entirely) himself.

If Jesus (as) is God, why would he say, "Abba, Father! All things are possible for you; remove this cup from me; yet not what I will, but what You will." Luke 22:42, Mark 14:36, Matthew 26:39? Jesus' (as) will was clearly different from that of the One he was praying to in the Garden of Gethsemane, yet he was willing to submit his personal will to that of "the Father". We know that the One God can't have two contrasting wills at the same time.

If Jesus (as) is God, how could he be tempted by "the kingdoms of the world and their glory" if only he "fall down and worship" the devil Matthew 4:8-9? How can God be tempted with the ownership of His creation that He already owns? May Allah forgive me for saying, but how is it possible for God to worship the devil?

http://www.islamicboard.com/islamic-poetry/41449-o-christ-worshippers-qasidah-refutes-christianity-ibn-ul-qayyim.html

No comments: